- David Atwill (Penn State)
"The Paradox of Belonging: Tibetan Muslims and Twentieth Century Tibet"
September 6, 2018
- "Mass Incarcerations: China's Radical and Dangerous Policies in Xinjiang"
Panel featuring Rushan Abbas, Darren Byler, Timothy Grose, and Ilshat Hasan Kökböre
Moderated by Gardner Bovingdon (IU)
October 19, 2018
- Uyghur Culture Night
October 20, 2018
- Mohammad Tabaar (Texas A&M)
"Religious Statecraft: The Politics of Islam in Iran"
October 25, 2018
- Wang Jianping (Shanghai Normal University)
"The Sinicization of Islam: A New Deployment in the Changing Political Environment"
November 16, 2018
- Evrim Binbaş (Bonn)
Yuri Bregel Lecture
"Muʿīn al-Dīn Naṭanzī and his Chronicles: New Sources and Perspectives"
February 21, 2019
- Amina Steinfels (Mount Holyoke)
"Looking for Religion in a Twelfth-Century Compendium of Knowledge"
March 28, 2019
- Supriya Gandhi (Yale)
"The Emperor Who Never Was: Mughal Sovereignty in the Seventeenth Century"
April 4, 2019